Book Title: Motivational Interviewing for Effective Classroom Management: The Classroom Check-Up (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Author: Wendy M. Reinke
- Functional Behavioral Assessment and Function-Based Intervention: An Effective, Practical Approach
- Ethics and Law for School Psychologists
- Motivational Interviewing in Schools: Strategies for Engaging Parents, Teachers, and Students
- DSM-5® Diagnosis in the Schools
- School Consultation: Conceptual and Empirical Bases of Practice (Issues in Clinical Child Psychology)
- Motivational Interviewing in Schools: Conversations to Improve Behavior and Learning (Applications of Motivational Interviewing)
- Effective School Interventions, Third Edition: Evidence-Based Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes
- Ecobehavioral Consultation in Schools: Theory and Practice for School Psychologists, Special Educators, and School Counselors (School-Based Practice in Action)
- Collaborative Home/School Interventions: Evidence-Based Solutions for Emotional, Behavioral, and Academic Problems (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
- Writing Useful, Accessible, and Legally Defensible Psychoeducational Reports
Highly accessible and user-friendly, this book focuses on helping K–12 teachers increase their use of classroom management strategies that work. It addresses motivational aspects of teacher consultation that are essential, yet often overlooked. The Classroom Check-Up is a step-by-step model for assessing teachers' organizational, instructional, and behavior management practices; helping them develop a menu of intervention options; and overcoming obstacles to change. Easy-to-learn motivational interviewing techniques are embedded throughout. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the book includes 20 reproducible forms, checklists, and templates.
This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by T. Chris Riley-Tillman.